Ticket #657 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 9 years ago

Last modified 9 years ago

Classifiers depend on GLI language??

Reported by: kjdon Owned by: kjdon
Priority: moderate Milestone: 2.84 Release
Component: GLI Severity: minor
Keywords: Cc:


John Rose reported (3/5/09)

I just took a collection that I had built under a previous version (probably 2.72) and rebuilt under 2.81 with English as the set language. All of my classifiers showed as blank screens whether I used English or French as the preference (whereas the search indexes showed in either language). Then I changed GLI to French (the language of the collection) and rebuilt, everything seems to be fine. Is this normal? I seem to remember that it was not so in the past (that a French collection could be built with GLI in English and then viewed in Greenstone with any language interface?

* Check whether this is still true or not * What does command line building give? * Is GLI setting language for classifiers? * Is gli setting lang attribute for metadata or something?

Change History

Changed 9 years ago by kjdon

  • milestone changed from Collection building wishlist to 2.84 Release

Changed 9 years ago by kjdon

Check the latest version to see if it behaves the same way that John describes.

Changed 9 years ago by kjdon

  • owner changed from nobody to kjdon
  • status changed from new to assigned

Changed 9 years ago by kjdon

  • status changed from assigned to closed
  • resolution set to fixed

I think this was probably due to GLI writing the wrong metadata names to the config file, eg the French version.

There had been problems in the past with this, but I think they are fixed now. There is no language thing with classifiers.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.