Ticket #719 (closed defect: fixed)

Opened 7 years ago

Last modified 7 years ago

cross collection search bug

Reported by: kjdon Owned by: kjdon
Priority: moderate Milestone: 2.84 Release
Component: Greenstone2 Runtime Severity: major
Keywords: Cc:

Description

As reported by Tigran on mailing list, 11/11/2010

We have created two databases, with descriptions in Armenian. When we are working with only one database, the display of Armenian records is in correct form (see attached image fig1). When i am activating cross collection search (see fig2) and trying to do the same search (see fig3), then retrieval is correct and display also (see fig 4). First record is from first database and the second is from the second database. When pressing on the first record, display of the full record with Armenian letters is still normal (fig5). Now when I am pressing on the "next search result" button to see the second record, 2 problems occur (see fig7): - it is displayed not the second record but again both records with titles; - Armenian letters are displayed not in correct way (no any relation with Armenian alphabet). The same is happening with Cyrillic records.

Change History

Changed 7 years ago by kjdon

  • owner changed from nobody to kjdon
  • status changed from new to assigned

I have started looking at this. For svn greenstone, the problem is that ifl (which is used to get next/previous search result) is not set up to work with cross collection search.

Changed 7 years ago by kjdon

  • status changed from assigned to closed
  • resolution set to fixed

I have added ifl code for searching multiple collections.

Note: See TracTickets for help on using tickets.