Opened 9 years ago
GS2 Server: "Do Not Modify Port" option as default
|Reported by:||ak19||Owned by:||nobody|
John Rose would like the Do Not Modify Port GS2 server option as default in GS2.
This may have be a problem on Windows, since the default startup port for GS2 is 80. Therefore, this could fail on many windows machines where 80 is not allowed. So would need 8282 as the default.
The following code was already changed for this (but not committed, since arbitrary port changing was a bug actually and was fixed):
Three occurrences of 80 need to be changed to 8282:
- int gsdl_port_num = 8282;
- gsdl_port_num = 8282;
- if (!bres) gsdl_port_num = 8282;
- Server2.java (in GS3's server src code): change two occurrences of 80 to 8282.
- String host = "localhost";
String port = "8282"; String host gwcgi;
- make sure the port is okay, otherwise find another port
first choice is not port 80 anymore but 8282, 2nd choice also starts at 8282 String port = config_properties.getProperty("portnumber", "8282");